Public Hearing- Liquor License 7/9

  • patgriffit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2013
      Thu 7/4/2013 11:28 AM
      ATTENTION STAKEHOLDERS: There is a public hearing on Tuesday, July 9th, 9:00 AM at City Hall room 1020 regarding an application for a permit to sell beer and wine at an existing gas station on York Blvd. On June 27, the HHPNC voted not to support the permit based on community concerns. We encourage all of you to show up to the hearing and make a public comment. Liquor licenses are a very important economic development, public safety, and community well-being issue, and we encourage all stakeholders who feel strongly about this to attend the hearing and let your voices be heard, no matter what side of the discussion you are on. You can also send your comments by email to the zoning administrator: michael.obrien@... and reference case number ZA 2013-1016 (CUB). Remember, an engaged community is a powerful community!

      Have a fun and safe Independence Day.

      Best wishes,

      Harvey Slater
      Director at Large, Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council
      Land Use Committee Chair
      213-381-1766
      harvey.slater@...

      Thu 7/4/2013 12:00 PM
      Hello Stakeholders,

      Regarding the upcoming public hearing that was announced earlier today: Although the board has voted on this item we strongly encourage our stakeholders to research this issue and form their own opinion on this matter.