July 12, 2013 Public Hearing Regarding Proposed 530 Student Charter School.....

  • patgriffit
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2013
      For those of you not aware, there will be a Public Hearing regarding proposed construction of a 530 student charter school on the corner of Eastern Ave. and Lombardy in El Sereno. As a resident living less than 2 blocks from the proposed construction, I am extremely concerned that this proposal may be approved so I wanted to bring to the attention of those not aware that this proposal could be approved unless the neighborhood can persuade the Department of City Plannning that this is not a good idea.

      In addition, part of the proposal requests a change in the building height restriction to 45 feet from 20 feet. That could mean a 4 story school within close proximity of neighborhood homes. The proposal includes plans for a 2363 sq foot commercial space and 82 parking spaces.

      Eastern Avenue is already a highly traveled thoroughfare and with the addition of the proposed, we can expect more gridlock and noise pollution. Can you imagine over 500 more parents dropping off their kids in the morning on this already heavily traveled street where there is already an elementary and middle school in less than 1/2 mile?

      Please, if you have an interest or concern, the meeting will be on Friday, July 12, 2013 at 9:30 A.M.

      L.A. City Hall
      200 N. Spring St. 10th Fl, Rm 1020
      L.A., CA 90012
      Hearing Officer: Lynda Smith
      213-978-1196
      lynda.smith@...

      If you can not attend, I think it would help if you write or e-mail the hearing officer of your concerns or interest. Please help keep El Sereno community "the tranquil/serene one" while we can.

      Thank you.

      jfwla@...