MWPTA New Blog Posts

    Message 1 of 76 , Apr 21, 2013
      MWPTA.blogspot.com

      • WRECK-IT RALPH A WONDERFUL TIME!
      • ARE YOU READY FOR MWES' BOOK FAIR: APRIL 30TH – MAY 2ND
      • BE SURE TO MARK YOUR CALENDARS - OPEN HOUSE IS THURSDAY, MAY 2ND
      • FOMWS: 20TH BI-ANNUAL FLEA MARKET FUNDRAISER SATURDAY, MAY 4TH 7:00AM-3:00PMFOMWS: 20TH BI-ANNUAL FLEA MARKET FUNDRAISER SATURDAY, MAY 4TH 7:00AM-3:00PM
      • TODAY - SUNDAY, APRIL 21, 2013 - THE 13TH ANNUAL STAR ECO STATION'S CHILDREN'S EARTH DAY- PRESERVATION THROUGH EDUCATION!
      • SUMMER CAMP 2013 - IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP FOR STAR SUMMER SESSIONS IT'S NOT TOO LATE!

      WRECK-IT RALPH A WONDERFUL TIME!
      Thank you to all the Mt. Washington families who came out and enjoyed a good movie, great food, and fun merchandise. We sold out of nearly everything showing what a huge turn-out we had! Special recognition to our Movie Night Chairperson, Cecilia Vasquez for the phenomenal evening. Thank you to all of the parent volunteers who helped prep, set-up, sell food and clean-up. We had gross sales at this movie night of $848 ~ WOW...way to go Mt. Washington Elementary!

      ARE YOU READY FOR MWES' BOOK FAIR: APRIL 30TH – MAY 2ND
      The Scholastic Book Fair will be at our school from April 30 to May 2, 2013 and the special Family Event is scheduled for May 2, from 5:00 to 7:30 pm, during Open House.

      The exciting theme for our spring 2013 Book Fair is Story Laboratory: Reading Gives You Super Power! The Book Fair is an incredible energy source for reading, and volunteers are the catalyst for a successful Book Fair. We hope you will share your talents and join us as we help students discover the power of reading.

      If you have some time to help us set-up on April 29, conduct the Book Fair on April 30, May 1, or May 2, including Family Night/Open House on May 2, and break-down the Book Fair on May 3, please email Anvi Kevany at anvi@..., or go to http://bit.ly/volunteerspring2013, to sign up online.

      If you're all booked up during Book Fair week (or just want to keep shopping), be sure to visit the Book Fair online at http://bit.ly/bookfair2013. The online Book Fair is available for an extended time from April 24 to May 14, 2013.

      Find an expanded selection of books for the whole family—preschool to adults. Share your Book Fair with family and friends by sending wish lists or eCards. All orders ship to school for FREE and each purchase benefits our school.
      See you at the Book Fair!

      BE SURE TO MARK YOUR CALENDARS - OPEN HOUSE IS THURSDAY, MAY 2ND
      Come and see what your child has been doing all year long. Visit their classroom and let them show off their hard work. Detailed information will be coming soon.

      FOMWS: 20TH BI-ANNUAL FLEA MARKET FUNDRAISER SATURDAY, MAY 4TH 7:00AM-3:00PMFOMWS: 20TH BI-ANNUAL FLEA MARKET FUNDRAISER SATURDAY, MAY 4TH 7:00AM-3:00PM
      Please donate any unwanted items; all miscellaneous articles welcomed. Bring to "Superior Market" (Figueroa & Avenue 45) between 7AM and 10AM, Saturday, May 4th. If you cannot bring items that morning, please call 213/308-8954 to make other pick-up arrangements. Please consider donating books, appliances, lamps, furniture (good condition only), car accessories, clothes, toys, athletic equipment, bicycles, lawn & gardening, office equipment & building materials of any kind. This is a time to clean out your garages, attics & crawl spaces. New & Used Items in decent condition will not be turned away.

      If every person brings 3 things they no longer need, this flea market will have over 1,000 items to sell!

      If you can help set-up, sell or clean-up the day of the event, please contact Nina Zippay @ 213/308-8954 or Sharen Steele Herran @ ssteele0628@...

      TODAY - SUNDAY, APRIL 21, 2013 - THE 13TH ANNUAL STAR ECO STATION'S CHILDREN'S EARTH DAY- PRESERVATION THROUGH EDUCATION!
      An outdoor extravaganza, FUN FOR KIDS OF ALL AGES! FREE ADMISSION, loaded with ENVIRONMENTAL HEROES, delicious food and FOOD TRUCKS, celebrity guests from Disney Channel's A.N.T. FARM and SHAKE IT UP, eco-friendly games and crafts, cool new RIDES, green shopping, RADIO DISNEY, live entertainment, GIVEAWAYS, and much more! This year, check out STAR's new TODDLER AREA, race through the RECYCLE-THEMED MAZE, score some giveaways (including iPODS) in the VILLAGE, and make some noise in the DRUM CIRCLE! Meet over 200 rescued exotic animals!

      **ANYONE SIGNING UP FOR MT. WASHINGTON ELEMENTARY SCHOOL STAR SUMMER SESSIONS AT THIS EVENT WILL GET AN IPOD SHUFFLE!* Also, all Mt. Washington Elementary kids attending this event will earn 40 STAR dollars.

      Click here for more information http://www.childrensearthday.org

      SUMMER CAMP 2013 - IF YOU HAVEN'T SIGNED UP FOR STAR SUMMER SESSIONS IT'S NOT TOO LATE!
        http://mwpta.blogspot.com
        Mt. Washington Elementary School's New Principal...

        With the start of the 2013-2014 school year just around the corner, the PTA would like to introduce, and welcome, Mt. Washington Elementary School's new principal, Georgina Gravino. Ms. Gravino asked the PTA to pass along the following message to the parents…

        "I am fully aware of the varied talents of the stakeholders in the community and I look forward to working together to harness these resources so our students achieve their potential.

        It is our obligation to ensure our students receive a rigorous education in a safe and nurturing learning environment. Know that I am fully committed to each student's success.

        Let's make this a great year!

        Go Mt. Washington Wolves!!"

        We echo her sentiment and are looking forward to a GREAT school year!