Pilar Marrero at Cypress Park Library 11/15

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 11, 2012
      http://cypressparklapl.blogspot.com/2012/10/pilar-marrero-joins-us-november-15th.html

      Pilar Marrero is a journalist who for 25 years has extensively covered the areas of city government, immigration and state and national politics. She works for La OpiniĆ³n as a senior reporter and it's a regular commentator for radio and television in both Spanish and English media. She has a weekly syndicated column, Actualidad Politica, and works as a senior writer providing coverage and analysis of issues affecting the Latino community in the United States.

      She released her first book, "El despertar del sueno americano (Waking Up from the American Dream)" this past May. The English version is titled "Killing the American Dream: How Anti-Immigration Extremists Are Destroying the Nation" and will be hits store shelves Oct. 2nd.

      Pilar speaks immigration with Minnesota Public Radio. Listen to the interview here.
      http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2012/11/07/daily-circuit-pilar-marrero-immigration-reform/

      Pilar will be joining us on November the 15th, from 6-7:30 pm. We're hoping there will be copies of her books available for purchase and autographs at the end of the program. We'll keep you posted.

      Can't join us in person? Watch along and ask Pilar questions live online at
      www.livestream.com/cypressparklibrary starting at 6pm or tweet us at @CypressParkLAPL.