My campaign and my best wishes

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2012
      Dear Friend,

      Today I want to speak personally on behalf of my campaign and to all my neighbors in the communities of Northeast Los Angeles and East L.A. I congratulate Jimmy Gomez on his decisive victory in our race to represent our 51st District in the Assembly. And I express my deep appreciation to all the voters here, regardless of their choice in this race.

      The campaigns we candidates ran, guided by new district contours and our state's new open primary and top-two runoff system, created new opportunities to raise issues and build non-traditional coalitions. However, one very stark reality remains unchanged in its power to define and determine election outcomes in our state, and that is money.

      I ran the very best campaign with the resources we had. But the disadvantages of being outspent more than 2-to-1 are consequential. Staying true to the vision of a campaign that is, in the words of the late Congresswoman Shirley Chisholm, un-bought and un-bossed is something I am very proud of. And against long odds, I give my broad base of individual donors great credit for making possible this community-driven and issue-focused campaign we now conclude.

      The voters have spoken. And in my decade-long record of public service to my neighbors, I have learned to listen! I value the chance to have debated important issues with you. For my supporters inspired for the first time to engage, or to re-engage, in electoral politics, stay involved. There is much we can all accomplish together to improve our lives and communities and to get our state working. I renew my thanks to you and pledge myself to those goals.

      Once again, I congratulate Jimmy Gomez on his victory and wish him well as he tackles important state issues on behalf of all of us in the years to come.

      Thank you,

      Luis

      Paid for by LOPEZ FOR ASSEMBLY 2012 * ID #1328640

      www.lopezforassembly.com