Oxy's History-The Road to Eagle Rock- Thursday 11/15 5:30-7:30

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 8, 2012
      Wed Nov 7, 2012 7:12 pm on nelalist@yahoogroups.com
      Posted by: "Eric Warren" ervhs

      The Road to Eagle Rock" Exhibit Tour & Reception
      Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:30-7:30
      Gallery, Library @ the Academic Commons
      Occidental College
      1600 Campus Road, LA 90041
      (directions, see below)

      As part of Oxy's 125 anniversary celebration, the Library is hosting a
      special viewing of and reception for "Building Occidental: The Road to Eagle Rock" for our neighbors in Eagle Rock, Highland Park and Boyle Heights, the three communities most closely tied to Oxy's formative years.

      "The Road to Eagle Rock" tells the story of the formative years of Oxy in an pictorial essay featuring rare historical photos of campus life between 1887 to 1914. Exhibit designer Eric Warren '69 (President of the Eagle Rock Valley Historical Society) and fellow curators Dale Ann Stieber and Anne Mar of Special Collections will be your guides to take you back in time to Oxy's first 25 years.

      http://www.oxy.edu/events/road-eagle-rock-exhibit-tour-reception

      Directions: The exhibit is in the Gallery, Main Floor of the Library @ the Academic Commons. Enter the campus via the main entrance at Alumni Ave & Campus Road. Free parking is in the lot immediately to the right. The Mary Norton Clapp Library building is at the south end of the quad (Building 5 on the campus map). Driving directions and campus maps can be found at our main website: http://www.oxy.edu/page/maps-directions