need some help with rescue dog

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
      Sat Nov 3, 2012 8:14 pm on nelalist@yahoogroups.com
      Posted by: "BJ Gallagher"

      I'm fostering a 50-lb rescue dog from Lacy Street shelter – handsome German Shepherd mix (maybe with border collie?), red coat with white facial markings. He's a good dog, 2 years old, happy, playful, affectionate, and not aggressive. I agreed to foster him because I have a roomy dog yard that rarely gets used.

      However, this boy (named Aries, for now) could sure use more exercise and more play time than I can give him right now (I'm fostering two batches of sick kittens, too). I walk him twice a day, but he could sure use more opportunities to move, since he was cooped up in the shelter for over a month.

      I would love it if some of my dog-loving neighbors would be willing to take Aries on long walks, or go running with him. Or just let him hang out and play with your dog if you have a big yard and your dog likes company. Aries has had all his shots, he's recently neutered, and healthy. Likes other dogs and seems fine with kids, too. So if any of my NELA neighbors feels like showing a little love to this happy, active dog, he (and I) would both be grateful.

      I live on Danforth Drive, the street behind the school. Email if you'd like to give this happy dog some exercise or play time.

      Also ... he doesn't have a permanent home yet, so if you know anyone who's looking for an unusually handsome, happy dog, let me know. I can email photos.

      Many thanks!

      BJ Gallagher