Veterans Day Parade - 11/11/12

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2012
      Thu Nov 1, 2012 9:08 am on nelalist@yahoogroups.com
      Posted by: "ruby devera" rbdevera@...

      Our 7th Annual NELA Veterans Day Parade is on Sunday, November 11, 2012. This year our Veteran Grand Marshal is Daniel Van Dyke and our Celebrity Grand Marshal is Patt Morrison, an alumnae of Occidental College and LA Times columnist.

      The parade route will begin at 1:00 p.m.,the LAFD Fire Station 55 located on Avenue 45, proceed east on York Blvd. and culminate at the Veterans Square on Figueroa and York. Live entertainment on stage will follow immediately after the parade.

      Featured this year are veterans from all wars, Boys and Girl Scouts, Franklin ROTC, Franklin Marching Band,Asylum Riders, Occidental Float with Pep Squad with Tiger, Hollywood HS Drill Team, Burbank MS drum line/drill team, Southwest Museum, Miss Nicaragua Float and the return of the Wells Fargo Coach.

      Veterans and their families are invited to attend the Solemn Ceremony at 11:00 a.m. in front of the Eagle Rock City Hall where American Vets will do the gun salute and taps will be played.

      Everyone is invited to watch the parade along York Boulevard and enjoy live entertainment immediately after featuring local talents.

      A commemorative challenge coin is available for purchase. They make good gifts for a veteran during the holidays.

      For more information, visit our website: www.nelavetsparade.org.

      Ruby de Vera
      If you value your freedom, thank a Veteran.