Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council Agenda 01 Nov
- Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council Agenda
November 1, 2012, 7:00 pm
Highland Park Adult Senior Citizen Center, 6152 N Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA
The Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council will meet at the Highland Park Adult Senior Citizen Center from 7-9 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 1.
The meeting's agenda is attached below.
All HHPNC meetings are open to all members of the public.
Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council
Notice of Regular Meeting and Agenda
Thursday November 1, 2012
Highland Park Senior Center 6152 N. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90042
7:00 p.m. 9:00 p.m.
The public is requested to fill out a "Speaker Card" to address the Board on any agenda item prior to the Board taking action. Public comment is limited to 2 minutes per speaker but the Board has the discretion to modify the amount of time for any speaker.
When the Board considers the agenda item entitled "Public Comments," the public has the right to comment on any matter that is within the Board's jurisdiction. The public may also comment on a specific item listed on this agenda when the Board considers that item. In addition, the members of the public may request and receive copies without undue delay of any documents that are distributed to the Board, unless there is a specific exemption under the Public Records Act that prevents the disclosure of the record. (Govt. Code § 54957.5)
The Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council holds its regular meetings on the first and third Thursday of every month and may also call any additional required special meetings in accordance with its Bylaws and the Brown Act. The agenda for the regular and special meetings is posted for public review at: (1) Café de Leche located at 5000 York Boulevard, (2) Ramona Hall Community Center located at 4580 North Figueroa Street, (3) Police Historical Museum located at 6045 York Boulevard, (4) Fire Station #12 located at 5921 North Figueroa Street, (5) Highland Market located at Figueroa at Burwood, and (6) when possible, Arroyo Seco Library, 6145 North Figueroa Street
The Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council complies with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act and does not discriminate on the basis of any disability. Upon request, the Historic Highland Park Neighborhood Council will provide reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Sign language interpreters, assistive listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure the availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting you wish to attend by contacting the Department of Neighborhood Councils at (213) 485-1360 or e-mail to NCSupport@.... In compliance with Government Code Section 54957.5, nonexempt writings that are distributed to a majority of all board members in advance of a meeting may be viewed at www.highlandparknc.com/ by clicking the Board agenda link or at the scheduled meeting. If you would like a copy of any record related to an item on the agenda, please contact Chris Smith at (323) 256-8921.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 DIAS DE TRABAJO (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA AYUDA CON ESTA AGENDA, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL (213) 485-1360
A. Call to Order
B. Roll Call
C. Council District 1 Report
D. Council District 14 Report
E. Mayor's Office Report
F. President's Report
H. Public Comments (Limited to 10 minutes, maximum 2 minutes per speaker)
I. Treasurer's Report with up-to-date totals Potter
J. Outreach Committee Report -TBD
K. Election Committee Report -TBD
1. Motion: Adoption of Agenda
2. (5 Min.) Discussion and Motion: Approve Minutes for October 18, 2012.
3. (10 Min.) Discussion and Motion: Approve an agenda development method. It is the Executive Committee's recommendation that the NC elect Option 3 with the Secretary, as the designated person and a second Board member to serve as an alternate. The 3 acceptable methods to receive agenda items, prioritize the items and finalize the agenda are:
a. Option 1: The agenda committee, as a standing committee, which must post meetings and hold them in public accordance with the Brown Act, The standing Agenda Committee shall conform to the committee structures outlined in the bylaws.
b. Option 2: The Board may set the agenda for the next meeting at the end of the previous one, with no discussion over the merits of any, and may assign someone to establish the order and standardize the language. This person must be named in the Policies and Procedures. If the person changes the Board must note this in a new Policies and Procedures.
c. Option 3: The Board may assign a person to standardize the language. This person must be named in the Policy and Procedure. If the person changes the board must note this in a new Policies and Procedures.
4. (10 Min.) Discussion and Motion: Approve that the Land Use Committee be established as a standing committee, along with any other committee recommendations by Directors, for standing committees only. The current mandated standing committees are as follows
a. Executive Committee: Chaired by the President
b. Budget & Finance Committee: Chaired by the Treasurer
c. Rules Committee: Chair to be determined
d. Outreach Committee: Chair to be determined
5. (10 Min.) Discussion and Motion: Approve committee members, with an interim chair and direct them to
a. Hold their first meeting
b. Elect a chair
c. Create and finalize the language describing their "role and/or mission" as a committee to be published
d. Any business, if applicable
e. Report back to the NC with an update after the first meeting
6. (5 Min.) Discussion and Motion: Approve committee members for the Ad-Hoc Electronic Communications Policy Committee. Huezo
7. (25 Min.) Discussion and Motion: Approve that the NC seek additional funding in the amount of $5,500 required for full purchase of the camera equipment from Council District 1 and Council District 14. Presentation by DONE and/or approved camera system vendor.
8. (5 Min.) Discussion and Motion: Approve that the president be designated, by the board, as the second signatory for fiscal transactions. Huezo
9. (10 Min.)Discussion and: Request for approval of board representation, canopy/set-up equipment and materials for distribution at the "Save Glassell Park Pool Block Party" Sunday November 18, 2012 from 12pm to 5pm at 3650 Verdugo Rd, Glassell Park. HHPNC was invited to have a booth at no cost. Huezo, Castro-Trejo
10. (10 Min.)Discussion: Recommendations for improving the ways that learning and information sharing take place amongst board members for a way to acclimate Directors so that everyone is more comfortable in their participation and decision making. Delgadillo
11. (5 Min.) New Business