Halloween candy donations for the Rec Center.

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2012
      Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:16 pm on mhia@yahoogroups.com
      Posted by: "Carl Haney" itchyknee_japaneseantiques

      Hey Everybody! MHIA is supporting the Rec Center's Halloween activity. (Same place we have our monthly meetings) It's an event they've been doing for a number of years. It's a place the locals can go to that's safe, on a night that has become the most dangerous for kids. And the rec centers numbers keep increasing. 3 - 4 years ago they had about 150 kids show up. Last year they had about 500. A lot of the kids, probably a majority of them, are from low income emmigrant familys. And the economic times are not helping them much. Also, probably as a reflection of that, fewer people are giving out candy.

      So... MHIA is looking for candy donations for the rec center. You can drop them off at my house at 1020 Montecito Dr. Any kind of donations are welcome. If needed I can come by in my truck and pick it up. I'm going to get a bunch of those small prepackaged nut packages from Fresh and Easy cause I don't really want to contribute to their tooth decay but... What the hell. They're kids and they like candy. So let's give it to them. Dentists need work also. Carl (323) 447-3071