CFAER Newsletter: Fall Workshops and Upcoming Events!

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2012
      http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=73b76dcdce3164e2301b999cf&id=72b1a5ca30&e=2383ecbde2

      Want to know more about the Center? Click here!
      http://cfaer.org/

      Newsletter
      October 22, 2012
      Hi ,
      Fall workshops have officially started! Missed week one? Fear not! Space is still available for most of our workshops! Sign up today!

      We have a lot of great (and mostly free!) events coming up including Open Drawing, a film screening, concerts and more! Be sure to check out our Calendar for all of our upcoming events.

      What will you discover at Center for the Arts Eagle Rock?

      Workshops

      Plant It, Grow It, Pick It, Eat It
      10/17/12 - 12/12/12
      Wednesdays 4:00 -5:30pm
      Ages 6 - 12 - FREE!
      This class is a great way for children to explore the outdoors and the way plants work as well as how we grow food and cook natures' bounty!
      Grid Systems
      10/18/12 - 12/13/12
      Thursdays, 4:00 - 5:30pm
      Ages 9 - 12 - FREE!
      Students will learn to create their own hand-drawn or painted large format murals, using artist Chuck Close's method of dividing up a larger work into smaller components utilizing a grid.
      Clay Jammers
      10/12/12 - 12/14/12
      Fridays, 4:00 - 5:30pm
      Ages 6 - 11
      $65 for 8 weeks
      A balance of functional and sculptural objects sometimes combined with less traditional materials, makes this an exciting class that will keep students wondering what else they can do with clay!

      This Is Painting!
      10/18/12 - 12/13/12
      Thursdays, 6:00 - 8:00pm
      Ages 12 - 17
      $40 for 8 weeks
      Students will focus on developing a technical knowledge of painting while exploring the possibilities of this expressive medium.
      Printmaking
      10/15/12 - 12/10/12
      Mondays, 6:00 - 8:00pm
      Ages: 16+
      $100 for 8 weeks
      Learn how to make all manner of prints using non-toxic and easy to use materials.
      Fall Yoga Series
      9/13/12 - 11/8/12
      Thursdays, 8:30 - 9:45am
      $10 per class
      Join local Eagle Rock instructor Mary Frances Spencer on Thursday mornings for a series of Hatha Yoga classes suitable for all-levels of practitioners.

      Events

      CFAER presents
      Open Drawing
      Tuesday, 10/16/12
      7:00 - 10:00pm - FREE!
      Open Drawing, led by John Martin, is an experimental drawing group that offers free drawing supplies and critique to those who want it and seeks to turn the act of visual art making into a more social one.

      CFAER presents
      Black Cat, White Cat Film Screening
      Thurdsay, 10/25/12
      8:00pm FREE!
      Yugoslavian comedy offering a raucous but sincere portrayal of gypsy life.

      CFAER & FYF Fest present
      Earth & Special Guest
      Friday, 10/15/12 - 8:00pm
      $12 adv., $10 door
      Concert

      CFAER & SASSAS present
      soundShoppe
      Sunday, 10/28/12
      1:00pm - FREE!
      soundShoppe is a monthly unstructured sound workshop/noisejam for experimental musicians and sound artists.

      CFAER & Tenoch present
      Noches de Trova
      Friday, 11/2/12
      8:30pm - $10/door
      Monthly music series featuring individual songs from a variety of Mexican and Latin American singer-songwriters from the popular music genre known as "trova"

      If you would like to see more programming like this please support the Center with a donation today.

      For more information please visit www.CFAER.org or email info@...

      Copyright © 2012 Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock, All rights reserved.

      Our mailing address is:
      Center for the Arts, Eagle Rock
      2225 Colorado Blvd.
      Los Angeles, CA 90041