HOWL-OWEEN Dog Costume Contest 10/28

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 22, 2012
      HOWL-OWEEN Dog Costume Contest Sponsored by Friends of Hermon Dog Park
      28 October
      Sunday, October 28, 2012, 3:00 pm

      5568 Via Marisol, Los Angeles, CA
      FREE

      http://highlandpark-ca.patch.com/events/howl-oween-dog-costume-contest-sponsored-by-friends-of-hermon-dog-park

      Pumpkins, ghosts, goblins and dog costume contests? Of course, it's our version of Howl-oween, and our volunteers are preparing for another great day of fun!

      Registration starts at 3:00 p.m., sign-up at one of the designated tables where you will fill out a brief questionnaire for our Master of Ceremonies to read when your doggie walks the RUFF-WAY!

      You can enter your dog in one of the following contests: small dog, large dog or team (a team consists of one or more dogs, or one dog plus his owner (dressed in costume as well).

      In the past, this contest has always been a hoot! At 3:45 p.m. we will begin the annual Peanut Butter Lick-Off Contest. For you newbies, each dog will be given a spoon with a tablespoon of peanut butter on it. We hold this contest inside the large and inside the small dog park. Large dogs compete first. Hold the spoon in the air until you hear the signal to "Go!" The fastest dog to finish the peanut butter wins- hold your spoon up in the air to signal the judges. Prizes will be awarded to the fastest licker!

      The dostume contest begins promptly at 4 p.m.

      The categories are as follows:

      MOST ORIGINAL (AWARDED TO LARGE AND SMALL DOG)

      SCARIEST (AWARDED TO LARGE AND SMALL DOG)

      SILLIEST (AWARDED TO LARGE AND SMALL DOG)

      CUTEST (AWARDED TO LARGE AND SMALL DOG)

      BEST IN SHOW (GRAND PRIZE)

      JUDGES CHOICE (AWARDED TO LARGE, SMALL DOG AND TEAM)

      BEST TEAM (AWARDED TO TEAM)

      Posted by: Friends of Hermon Dog Park
      Where 5568 Via Marisol, Los Angeles, CA 90042
      Next on
      October 28, 2012
      Time 3:00 pm–5:00 pm
      Who to bring Everyone