From Flor y Canto Centro Comunitario:

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 11, 2002
      Hello Everyone,

      The calendar of Events is a bit late this month but it's finally
      up. Check it out at http://www.florycanto.org/sep2events.htm Of note
      this time around is an Art Exhibit by local artists dealing with the
      theme of 9-11 and it's effects in the Chicano community. The
      reception is this Friday the 13th at 7pm (with music from the band
      Espiritu Infinito) and the exhibit will run 'til the end of the
      month.
      http://www.florycanto.org/stand.htm

      We are also having a Foosball Fundraiser on Saturday 21st, a fun
      competition where you play to win some prizes and raise some much
      needed funds for FyC. Early sign-up is encouraged, send us an email
      or call and leave a message if you are interested. Entry fee is just
      $3.

      We are also having an open meeting this Sunday the 15th at 1pm and
      we encourage all of you out there that have expressed interest in
      helping out or volunteering to attend. If you've ever wanted to
      contribute something to the space, share some skills, organize an
      event, or just help us with manning the space, come by and find out
      how easy it is to help out.

      If you've ever considered helping the space out financially, now
      would be the time! A contribution or even a book purchase would
      really help us right now.

      And finally, we will be closed during the last week of September
      for a much needed vacation. We will be back in full force in October.

      See you soon!

      Colectivo Flor y Canto

      Flor y Canto Centro Comunitario & Bookstore
      3706 N. Figueroa Ave.
      NorthEast Los Angeles
      www.florycanto.org