Atwater Village News: March 2010

  • ASNC
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 28, 2010
      ATWATER AVE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL FIELD TRIP FUNDRAISER
      Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010
      Time: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
      Location: 55 Degree Wine, 3111 Glendale Blvd, Atwater Village, CA 90039

      Please join Friends of Atwater Elementary for our First Annual Field Trip Fundraiser! We will be having an amazing Wine Tasting and a fantastic Silent Auction with all proceeds to go directly to Atwater Elementary School so that each student can have a field trip this year. Tickets are $30 per person and donations are welcome. Tickets may be purchased in advance by Paypal, check or credit card, or may be purchased at the door by check or cash. Please mail checks to Friends of Atwater, 3429 Hollydale Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90039. Friends of Atwater Elementary is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization and your donations are tax deductible.

      For more information about Friends of Atwater Elementary or to pay via Paypal, please visit our website at http://www.friendsofatwater.org/

      For more information about 55 Degree wine, please visit http://www.55degreewine.com/

      Thank you for your support of our kids, our school and our community!

      MY NAME IS LULU, I NEED A NEW HOME!

      My name is Lulu; I am a three-year-old male Dalmatian "Volkswagen-Muffler" mix. I am very friendly and enjoy frolicking in gardens. My current owner, Luis Lopez Automotive, would like to find a better home for me. Please consider adopting me… I need a new loving home. Click here for more pictures of Lulu. Lulu will be available for auction at the "Atwater Elementary School Field Trip Fundraiser". All proceeds will go to Friends of Atwater Elementary (FOA), a 501 (c) 3 Non-Profit Organization.

      Atwater Elementary School Field Trip Fundraiser
      Date: Saturday, March 6, 2010
      Time: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
      Location: 55 Degree Wine, 3111 Glendale Blvd, Atwater Village, CA 90039

      FOA will be having an amazing Wine Tasting and a fantastic Silent Auction with all proceeds to go directly to Atwater Elementary School so that each student can have a field trip this year. Tickets are $30 per person and donations are welcome.

      For more information go to http://www.friendsofatwater.org/

      ATWATER VILLAGE NEIGHBORHOOD SPRING CLEANUP, MARCH 27TH

      Keep it clean, keep it green!

      Date: Saturday, March 27, 2010
      Time: 8:00am - 12:00pm
      Location: Sign-in at Luis Lopez Automotive, 2751 Fletcher Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90039

      Join Friends of Atwater Village (FAV) for a neighborhood wide clean-up event. Please make sure to sign-in, get supplies and bottled water; please bring work gloves, lots of energy, and community pride!

      For more information, please contact us at 323.913.2999 or at favboard@...

      Other Posts
      FORMER STAR TREK ACTRESS, GATES MCFADDEN, OPENS A THEATER IN ATWATER VILLAGE ON CASITAS AVE
      ATWATER VILLAGE NEIGHBORHOOD COUNCIL ELECTION CANDIDATE FORUM MARCH 11TH, STATEMENTS NOW AVAILABLE
      Atwater Village Voice Newsletter, Issue 8 - Winter 2010

      www.atwatervillagenews.org

      FAV encourages submissions from readers, community groups, local businesses and local government; we will make every effort to publish it.
      Please send submissions to favboard@....

      www.friendsofatwatervillage.org
    • ASNC
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16 9:52 PM
        Monday, March 15, 2010
        ATWATER VILLAGE CHAMBER UPDATE – MARCH 2010
        HAPPY 63RD BIRTHDAY!

        The Chamber will be 63 years old this March 20th! The Chamber was founded on March 20th 1947 by a group of civic minded small business owners and residents with deep roots in the Atwater Village community. Their mission was a simple one: to promote the civic and economic wellbeing of Atwater Village.

        Today both the Chamber's leadership and its members continue with this central mission. Each year the Chamber helps bring the community together and promote local businesses with events like the Tree Lighting Ceremony, Summer Nights on the Blvd and numerous social & networking mixers.

        In addition, the Chamber proudly serves as an advocate for the Atwater Village community on all matters and to all levels of government.

        EARTH DAY FESTIVAL COMING TO ATWATER VILLAGE

        The Atwater Village Chamber is busily gearing up for Atwater's first Earth Day Festival slated for April 22nd, 2010 on Glendale Blvd. Jacob Clark from Revo Café… our newest Board Member, is spearheading our first Earth Day Festival planning committee. Thank you Jacob!

        We invite all our members (and the public too) to participate and/or help co-sponsor this event. For more information about the event and how you can participate or if you would like to co-sponsor the event contact Jacob at revocafe_jacob@....

        VOTE, VOTE, VOTE!

        Exercise your civic responsibility and vote in the upcoming Atwater Village Neighborhood Council Election slated for March 20th, 2010.

        Neighborhood Council Election Day
        March 20th, 2010 - 10am to 4pm
        Christ's Church
        3852 Edenhurst Avenue
        http://www.nc2010.ning.com/

        THANK YOU FOR RENEWING YOUR MEMBERSHIP

        The Atwater Village Chamber would like to thank the following for joining or renewing their membership for 2010:

        55 Degree Wine, Atwater Park Center, Atwater Playhouse, Auto Inc. / Valero Gas, Artology, Big Foot Lodge, Bikram's Yoga, Black Maria, Canele, Caravella Properties, Club Tee Gee, Heartbeat House, Indochine Vien, Los Feliz Ledger, Luis Lopez Automotive, Maid in the USA, Maintaining Mother Earth, Open Air Productions, Pot-ted, Revo Café, Samurai Auto Repair, Patricia Aleman-State Farm, Velvet Threads, Viet Noodle Bar, Vince's Market, Yuritzi's Beauty Salon, Zbra Designs… and all our resident members too.

        For those who have not had a chance to join the Chamber or renew their membership it is not too late. To join or renew your Chamber membership, contact Luis Lopez at 323.665.0166 or luis@.... You can also download a membership form online at http://www.atwaterchamber.org/join_the_chamber

        Sincerely,

        Andy Hasroun
        President
        Atwater Village Chamber of Commerce
        Creating a positive and successful business environment in Atwater Village
        http://www.atwaterchamber.org/
        P.O. Box 39754
        Los Angeles, CA 90039
        (323) 251-5967
        andy@...
        Posted by Atwater Village News at 10:50 PM