Atwater Village News - December 2007

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1 10:17 PM
      www.atwatervillagenews.org

      15th Annual Atwater Village Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony

      The Atwater Griffith Chamber of Commerce will be hosting
      the 15th Annual Atwater Village Christmas Tree Lighting
      Ceremony on Thursday, December 6, at 6:30PM at the Wells
      Fargo Bank parking lot (3250 Glendale Blvd). This years
      Tree Lighting Ceremony will surely be yet another
      wonderful evening filled with the joy of the Season.
      As always, children's' choirs from our various local
      schools, as well as the "Voice of Christmas" choral
      singers, little dancers from the Caballero Dance Academy,
      and of course Santa Claus himself, arriving via the
      Los Angeles Fire Department, will all be in attendance.
      In addition to our local talent, representatives of
      the Los Angeles City Council: Council President Eric
      Garcetti, Councilmember Tom LeBonge, and other political
      figures will attend. For more information please contact
      the Chamber at 323.634.2535 or visit them online at www.atwaterchamber.org

      http://friendsofatwatervillage.org/blog/2007/11/15th_annual_atwater_village_ch.html

      Atwater Village Best Christmas Decoration Contest - 2007

      Let's decorate our homes to show our merry mood in our neighborhood!

      Judging will be on Sunday, December 16th, 2007 after 5pm.
      Remember to turn on your lights!!

      Sponsored by Atwater Village Residents Association (AVRA)
      and Atwater Village Neighborhood Council (AVNC)

      Winners will be contacted by AVRA members and prizes will
      be given at January's AVNC general board meeting. For
      more info visit www.atwatervillage.org or contact Barbara
      Lass at 323.661.3283.

      Click here to download contest flier (pdf file)

      http://friendsofatwatervillage.org/blog/2007/11/post_2.html

      Atwater Village Neighborhood Watch Meet & Greet!

      Please join us for food, drinks and getting to know each other.

      Tuesday, December 11, 2007 at 7:00 p.m.

      Acapulco Restaurant

      3280 Glendale Blvd.

      For more information contact Carol Moore at iloveatwater@...

      PUBLIC HEARING ON CASITAS 27 SINGLE-FAMILY UNIT
      HOUSING PROJECT SCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER 12TH

      A public hearing on the proposed 27 single-family
      unit housing project, dubbed "Casitas Village", at
      3234-3274 Casitas Avenue is scheduled for December 12th, 2007.

      Click here for Public Hearing Notice (pdf file).

      http://friendsofatwatervillage.org/blog/2007/11/public_hearing_on_casitas_27_s.html

      Recent Blog Posts

      Atwater Village Neighborhood Watch Meet & Greet! And...
      other important info.

      Atwater Village Best Christmas Decoration Contest - 2007

      15TH ANNUAL ATWATER VILLAGE CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING, DECEMBER 6TH!

      PUBLIC HEARING ON CASITAS 27 SINGLE-FAMILY UNIT
      HOUSING PROJECT SCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER 12TH

      HOLIDAY GIFT SALE AT THE ATWATER VILLAGE BRANCH LIBRARY

      The Atwater Village Photo of the Month: "Atwater
      Village Pride Boxers!"

      Fill a Vacancy Position on the AVNC Board

      Multi-family owner and manager seminar

      FAV encourages submissions from readers, community
      groups, local businesses and local government; we will
      make every effort to publish it.

      Please send submissions to favboard@....

      Friends of Atwater Village

      www.friendsofatwatervillage.org