31926BOARD OF NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSIONERS to award ASNC outreach
- Aug 16, 2014
BOARD OF NEIGHBORHOOD COMMISSIONERS
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
MONDAY, AUGUST 18, 2014 – 1:00 P.M.
CITY HALL, 10TH FLOOR CONFERENCE CENTER
ROOM 1050, 200 NORTH SPRING STREET
LOS ANGELES, CA 90012
The public is requested to fill out a “Speaker Card” to address the Board on any agenda item before the Board takes an action on an item. Comments from the public on agenda items will be heard only when the respective item is being considered. Comments from the public on other matters not appearing on the agenda that are within the Board’s jurisdiction will be heard during the Public Forum period. Public comment is limited to 15 minutes maximum. No individual speaker will be allowed more than 3 minutes, unless presiding officer of the Board decides differently. The agenda is posted for public review in Main Street Lobby of City Hall East at 200 North Main Street and at 20th Floor, City Hall, 200 North Spring Street, Los Angeles. As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and upon request will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services, and activities. Report(s) related to an agenda item will be available for review at www.EmpowerLA.org. Sign language interpreters, assisted listening devices, or other auxiliary aids and/or services may be provided upon request. To ensure availability of services, please make your request at least 3 business days (72 hours) prior to the meeting by contacting the Commission Executive Assistant at (213) 978-1551 OR toll-free at 3-1-1.
SI REQUIERE SERVICIOS DE TRADUCCION, FAVOR DE NOTIFICAR A LA OFICINA 3 días de trabajo (72 horas) ANTES DEL EVENTO. SI NECESITA ASISTENCIA CON ESTA NOTIFICACION, POR FAVOR LLAME A NUESTRA OFICINA AL (213) 978-1551.
1. Introduction (5 minutes)
2. Call to Order and Commission roll call. (1 minute)
3. Approval of the Minutes of the Special Meeting of August 7, 2014. (Click on the link to view a copy of the document.) (3 minutes)
4. Verbal update from a representative of the Office of the Mayor Eric Garcetti, Deputy Mayor Peter Marx. (15 minutes)
5. General Public Comments - Comments from the public on non-agenda items within the Board’s subject matter jurisdiction. This agenda item will last a total of 15 minutes and no individual speaker will be allowed more than three minutes. (15 minutes)
6. General Manager’s Report. (10 minutes)
1. Briefing on Departmental activities.
2. Staffing, budget and other operational matters.
7. Commission Committee Reports. (45 minutes)
1. Ad Hoc Committee re ability of the Board of Neighborhood Commissioners to implement citywide policies (Members: Shaffer-Chair, Grant, and Medina)
2. Ad Hoc Committee re Leadership Development for Neighborhood Councils (Members: Rubio-Chair, Medina, and Shaffer)
3 Ad Hoc Committee re Website development (Members: Grant and Lipmen)
8. Discussion and review of nominations and possible selection of the 2014 EmpowerLA award recipients. (20 minutes).
1. Submitted Nominations
2. The Board of Neighborhood Commissioners’ Ad Hoc EmpowerLA Awards Committee recommends the following motion:
Resolved, the Board of Neighborhood Commissioners adopts the following as recipients of the 2014 EmpowerLA Awards:
a. Harbor Region: Harbor City Neighborhood Council – Pedestrian Safety
b. South Region: Empowerment Congress West Neighborhood Development Council – EC West Election “alfresco”
c. West Region: Venice Neighborhood Council – Venice Outreach for Candidates
d. Central Region: Los Feliz Neighborhood Council - Connectivity
e. East Region: Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council – ASNC Outreach
f. South Valley: Valley Village Neighborhood Council – Thriving Retail Sector