31920Regional Connector, Third Street, Cornelia Funke, and MORE!

    Aug 16, 2014

      Happy Friday!  I can’t believe that summer is over and that school has already started again.  This year is going by so quickly!  This week I’ll tell you about East Los Angeles and how you can make your voice heard.  I’ll also tell you about the Regional Connector, my quilting guild, and introduce you to the “G”.

      Enjoy the newsletter, and enjoy your weekend!

                                                – G

      Get Connected, Regionally!

      A few weeks ago, I announced plans to construct a pedestrian bridge near the Broad Museum on Grand Avenue in downtown Los Angeles as part of the larger Regional Connector Project.  I introduced a motion, along with my colleagues Mayor Eric Garcetti and Supervisor Don Knabe, to authorize $4 million toward the 2nd and Hope Station Pedestrian Bridge at the Metro Board of Directors meeting on July 24th.  MORE

      http://gloriamolina.org/2014/08/13/get-connected-regionally/

      Say 'Yes We Can' To the East L.A. Plan!

      A few weeks ago, we held a community meeting to discuss the East L.A. 3rd Street Specific Plan and the Community Districts Plan.  Last night, we hosted an Open House at the East L.A. Public Library. We wanted to make sure your voice got heard and it was a great turn out!  Many residents got to express their opinions on how they would like to see their beloved community of East Los Angeles.  MORE

      http://gloriamolina.org/2014/08/13/say-yes-we-can-to-the-east-l-a-plan/

      Get Funke, Cornelia Funke!

      Last week, Dr. Astrid Heger asked me to join her in recognizing the great work of five of our County’s most devoted social workers.  It is hard to explain how difficult, how challenging, and how important the role of a social worker is in a child’s life.  Social workers spend their time with children who face the most severe of difficulties—those who have been abused and neglected at the hands of their loved ones.  A special thank you to Cornelia Funke for donating the prize money to celebrate these amazing women.  MORE

      http://gloriamolina.org/2014/08/13/get-funke-cornelia-funke/

      It’s Gggggggggggggggggggggreat!

      Have you ever been to an event and seen a bunch of icons showing you who helped make it possible?  Usually, the county seal is used to represent the First District.  This week, I’m introducing a new symbol for my office.  It depicts the wonderful things the community has helped me accomplish over 30 years of public service.  What do you think?  MORE

      http://gloriamolina.org/2014/08/13/its-gggggggggggggggggggggreat/

      TELAS What You Think!

      A few Saturdays ago, I taught a quilting class at Centro Estrella in East L.A. alongside my fellow members of The East Los Angeles Stitchers, better known as TELAS!  I love quilting.  I think it’s a great way to unwind -- plus I enjoy all the colors, fabrics, and creativity.  MORE

      http://gloriamolina.org/2014/08/12/telas-what-you-think/

      East Los Angeles Field Office

      4801 East Third Street

      Los Angeles, CA 90022

      Phone: (323) 881-4601

      Fax: (323) 887-7286

      Hall of Administration Office

      856 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration

      500 West Temple Street

      Los Angeles, CA 90012

      Phone: (213) 974-4111

      Fax: (213) 613-1739

      El Monte Field Office

      3400 Aerojet Avenue, Suite 240

      El Monte, CA 91731

      Phone: (626) 350-4500

      Fax: (626) 448-1573

      E-mail

      molina@...

      This message was sent by:

      Los Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina

      856 Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration 500 West Temple Street

      Los Angeles, CA 90012

      (213) 974-4111