31902The 100th Anniversary of the Southwest Museum

    Aug 12, 2014

      You are invited!

      The 100th Anniversary of the Southwest MuseumThis Saturday, August 16th 10am-4pm

      234 Museum Dr, Los Angeles, CA 90065

      Reception, Refreshments, Special Archive Exhibit, Mayan Tunnel Installation….

      More details on attached invite.

      This is an exciting time.  We are entering a new phase in what determines the future of the Southwest Museum and Casa de Adobe. Haven't visited in a while or never visited? Now's the time.  And bring your friends and neighbors.  Experience one of Los Angeles's greatest treasures. Let's fill the Southwest Museum to the rafters on August 16th. Let 'em know we care...I Heart the Southwest Museum!

      In honor of the day, please join The Living Museum in the Mayan Tunnel at the Southwest Museum for an Diorama Action! Exploring Themes of Charles Lummis & the Arroyo Seco, an art installation by local students immersed in the study of the Arroyo Seco area.  The Autry will be bringing back an original Mayan Tunnel diorama from the 1920's for the one day event.

      The Living Museum online:

      Visit us on Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Living-Museum-Sycamore-Grove/1391773757756844?ref=hl&ref_type=bookmark

      Visit our website:  http://livingmuseumla.blogspot.com/