31894PTA eHowl Newsletter Week of August 11 – 15, 2014

    Aug 11, 2014

      http://us3.campaign-archive1.com/?u=8a4ce77d8b841a6d7aeb23fec&id=ee521d4343&e=901024a6f8

       Welcome to the 2014-2015 School Year

      The PTA would like to extend a warm welcome to all of our new students and their families, and an enthusiastic welcome back to all of our returning students and families. We are looking forward to a great year filled with exciting events and activities. Visit our website for lots of helpful information, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and most of all come talk to us in the Parent Center in the mornings and share your ideas.  We will have a table in the front of the school every morning this week where you can sign up to be a member of the PTA, sign up to volunteer and check out our new merchandise. We have T-Shirts in new colors, coffee tumblers and water bottles.  Look for a welcome packet to come home with your child with all kinds of great information from the school, MWPTA and Friends of Mt. Washington School (FOMWS). Please return the portions that require a signature from you to your child’s teacher and keep the rest as a reference guide for the rest of the school year. We are all very excited to see everyone and hear from our students about their adventures from this Summer.  School starts on Tuesday, Aug.12 at 8:11am. See you on the main yard for our first assembly.

      Kindergarten Orientation in the MPR, 9:30am on Tuesday, 08/12

       Incoming kindergarten families – please meet in the Multi Purpose Room (MPR) at 9:30am for orientation. Parents will stay in the MPR to find out about the school from Mrs. Gravino while your children get acquainted with their teachers. Kindergarteners will be released at 11:30am the first day of school, they will start and end the school day with the rest of the student body all other days. If you have an older child at Mt. Washington, all other grades will be dismissed at 2:30pm on the first day of school.

      1st - 6th Grade Parents Informatiom Session With Mrs.Gravino

       Returning parents and new families of 1st-6th grade students, please join Mrs. Gravino in the MPR immediately following the morning assembly on Tuesdays, to find out what to expect from the 2014-2015 school year.

      Copyright © 2014 Mount Washington Elementary PTA, All rights reserved.

      Our mailing address is:

      Mount Washington Elementary PTA

      3981 San Rafael Avenue

      Los Angeles, CA 90065