31082'Light & Shadow' opens TOMORROW Saturday, April 12 * 3p-7p

    Apr 11, 2014

      Cactus Gallery is now housed in the beautiful Treeline Woodworks Showroom at

      3001 North Coolidge Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90039. Our new neighboorhood, Elysian Valley (aka Frogtown), is burgeoning with activity as new businesses move in monthly.

      Cactus Gallery is pleased to present Light and Shadow, featuring multimedia works by fourteen female artists. Our featured artist is Ulla Anobile. Light and Shadow examines the ideas of light and shadow in myth, nature and the mystery of the psyche.

      Most of us like to declare ourselves children of love and light, and aim to eradicate our personal darkness. But for most, it is the darker, shadowy side of life where growth, germination and new beginnings originate.

      Only by acquainting ourselves with our own darkness can we hope to become fully human. Only then may we stop pointing our fingers at, and reveling in, the darkness of others. Yet on the other hand, by not over-identifying with - or romanticizing - the shadowy realm, can we hope to learn to draw the line between ordinary human weakness and true evil. Join us for this exploration of both the literal use of lights and darks and also the metaphorical use.

      Joining Ulla in this exploration are: Donna Abbate, Jaclyn Alderete, Lacey Bryant, Ashley Fisher, Rasa Jadzeviciene, Theresia Rosa Kleeman, Patricia Krebs, Mavis Leahy, Susan Malloy, Janet Olenik, Lena Sayadian, Kelly Thompson, and Jessica Ward.

       This show features an eclectic collection of mediums: paper mache, oil on canvas and wood, mixed media on canvas and wood, paper cut, acrylic on wood, graphite on paper, mixed media on paper, embroidery, ceramics, and sculpture.

      Show Runs: April 12 - May 6, 2014

      Opening Reception: Saturday, April 12, 2014 - 3-7p

      Held in conjunction with NELAart.org's Second Saturday Gallery Night

      For PRE SALE information, contact Sandra Mastroianni at semastroianni70@....

      We accept all forms of payment and the gallery is open to installment plans to help you grow your collection.

      Cactus Gallery :: ART for the PEOPLE

      3001 North Coolidge Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90039

      Gallery hours: Saturday and Sunday 11a-5p and by appointment.

      Thanks again for your continued support of the arts and for choosing

      Cactus Gallery and the artists we believe in!

                      Cactus Gallery, established in 2005, is a vibrant Latino owned and operated gallery. Our space is an eclectic mix of contemporary, traditional, and folk art. The gallery is dedicated to promoting the talents of emerging artists, while focusing on craftsmanship, accessibility, and artistry. We believe in community and are passionate about supporting all things handcrafted.

      Follow us on these social networks; new art posted regularly!

      Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cactus-Gallery/133157360068906?ref=hl

      Facebook: www.facebook.com/cactus.gallery

      Blog (houses current show): www.cactusgallery.blogspot.com

      Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/cactusgallery/

      Cactus Gallery | 3001 North Coolidge Avenue | Los Angeles (Elysian Valley || Frogtown) | CA | 90039

    • Show all 2 messages in this topic