31072FINAL UPDATE: Gold Line resuming normal service

    Apr 11, 2014

      Posted April 10, 2014 by Lily Allen

      Repairs to the Metro Gold Line’s overhead power supply system have been completed, and test trains have successfully traversed the segment of track previously closed between Highland Park and South Pasadena stations.

      This means trains will start running on both tracks between Highland Park and South Pasadena stations, and that the Metro Gold Line will begin resuming normal service at this time. However, Gold Line customers should still expect 5-10 minute residual delays as trains revert back to their normal 2-car lengths and attempt to fall into schedule.

      Repairs and ensuing delays began around 8:30 a.m. yesterday, after a 1,000 foot segment of wire became detached from overhead support structures. Work took longer than anticipated due to complications caused by the length of the downed wire and the location of the damage.

      For those who need delay verification because of Gold Line delays, please call 213.922.6235 or fax 213.922.6988.

      Finally, we would again like to thank all Gold Line customers for sticking with us as we made repairs, and for their patience as we work to get the Line back to normal again.