30759Mt. Washington Local Issues Committee Meeting and Speaker Series 3/3

    Feb 26 7:20 PM
      Padraic Cassidy from Mount Washington East on 26 Feb
      Mt. Washington Local Issues Committee Meeting and Speaker Series
      Hi Everyone,
      We are excited about our new venue and time- the first Mondays of the month, at Carlin G for our Mt. Washington Local Issues Committee Meeting.

      This Monday evening, March 3rd at 7:15 (following our issues meeting at 6:30) we will be joined by guest speaker Lynnette Kampe, the Director Emeritus of the Theodore Payne Foundation for Wild Flowers and Native Plants (southern California's wonderful native flora preserve) speaking on Brush Clearance and the native flora of the Hill. In recent years Lynnette has consulted with the fire department to assist in developing strategies for safe maintenance that also sustains our native environment.

      her bio:
      Lynnette Kampe was a member of the Board of the Theodore Payne Foundation for Wild Flowers and Native Plants for five years before serving as Executive Director from 2010 through 2013. She is a certified arborist with over 15 years experience in the fields of urban forestry and native habitat restoration, and has a lifelong love of nature. She was a co-founder and worked for 14 years as General Manager of North East Trees: a non-profit organization best known for building parks and planting native greenbelts along the LA River and Arroyo Seco. After leaving North East Trees she managed local projects for Tree Musketeers: a youth-led environmental organization in El Segundo for 5 years. She has been a member of the Los Angeles Community Forest Advisory Committee since 1999, while also regularly serving as the Beautification Chair of the Mt. Washington Association. Hobbies include SCUBA diving, time with family and gardening.

      Please post any items you'd like discussed at Monday's Mt. Washington Local Issues Committee at 6:30 by noon Friday for inclusion in the Agenda (we have a 72 hour cutoff). Even if you don't have an item, please feel free to attend and participate!

      Thanks
      Padraic Cassidy, Chair Local Issues Committee/ Arroyo Seco Neighborhood Council
      mtwashingtonrep@...