30720Land Use Committee Meets Tomorrow Night

    Feb 19, 2014

      Hello Neighbor!

      Land Use Committee Meets Tomorrow Night

      The Land Use and Planning Committee of the Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council will meet tomorrow, Thursday, Feb. 20, at 7:00 PM at Eagle Rock City Hall, 2035 Colorado Boulevard, 90041. The agenda for the meeting can be found at this link.

      We've got some interesting items on the agenda this month, including applications for a couple of alcohol licenses. We'll vote whether to recommend that the licenses be granted or not; the issue will then move on to the full ERNC, who will in turn make an official recommendation to the City of LA.

      What does this process mean for you? It means that when someone applies to build or sell something in Eagle Rock that requires a public hearing, we make sure that you get 3 chances to weigh in on it: at the Land Use Committee of the ERNC; at the full board meeting of the ERNC; and before the Department of City Planning downtown. The latter is the hearing that really matters, since only the Planning decision is legally binding; but you can influence that decision by speaking up, and showing up, at the hearings here in Eagle Rock.

      Read on to learn more. If you'd like to communicate with the Land Use Committee or the ERNC, you can always email us at: info@....

      On the Agenda...

      Here are a few choice items from the Land Use agenda this month. Links to applications and other info can be found on the official meeting agenda - just click this link to view it.

      - An application to serve a full line of alcoholic beverages -- meaning hard liquor, as well as beer and wine -- at Rockin' Wings, a new restaurant at 4420 N Eagle Rock Boulevard (near the intersection with York), which will seat 199 patrons.

      - An application to serve - and sell - beer and wine at Milkfarm LA, a new gourmet cheese shop on Colorado Blvd. that will seat 12.

      - A visit by the owners of Eagle Rock Brewery, who will tell us what plans they have for the old Fatty's restaurant.

      - A visit by the new owners of Cindy's Restaurant (and current owners of Firefly bistro in South Pasadena), to tell us their plans for the iconic Eagle Rock diner.

      ERNC Candidate Filing ENDS MARCH 12

      If you like the idea of letting Eagle Rockers know about their rights and responsibilities, listening to them and communicating their opinions to the City of LA, then you should run for the ERNC. Every seat on the Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council board will be up for election on April 26, 2014. The period to file for candidacy is on now, and runs through March 12. Candidate filing can be done online or by mail/fax; you can go directly to the Department of Neighborhood Empowerment filing page by clicking this link, or by going to the ERNC website at www.ernc.la, and clicking the “Elections 2014″ button. Good luck!

      The Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council (ERNC) is an official organization of the City of Los Angeles, staffed by 19 elected, unpaid volunteers. Our Board is composed of Eagle Rock stakeholders from all walks of life, who share a desire to make our home town a safer, greener, and more prosperous place to live.

      Our job is neighborhood empowerment: We act as your advocates and liaisons to the City Council, the Mayor, and all City of L.A. departments that touch the lives of Eagle Rockers. Join us at one of our meetings, or talk to us at a community event, and find out how we can make Eagle Rock even better, together.

      Friend us on Facebook

      Follow us on Twitter

      Visit us at www.ernc.la

      Contact Us:

      If you have any questions about the Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council, please contact the ERNC Communications Team, and we'll get back to you within 24 hours: info@...

      ERNC Vice President David Greene writes these newsletters. If you have a content-related question or comment, contact him at: vicepresident@...

      Copyright © 2014 Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council, All rights reserved.

      Our mailing address is:

      Eagle Rock Neighborhood Council

      P.O. Box 41652

      Los Angeles, CA 90041