30042Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez' November Newsletter

    Nov 2 7:02 AM

      Date: Nov 1, 2013 4:14 PM

      http://www.asmdc.org/members/a51/outreach/20131101AD51eAlert.htm?utm_campaign=Gomez_November-Enewsletter-2013&utm_medium=email&utm_source=enewsletter&utm_content=link

      Assemblymember Jimmy Gomez, Representing the 51st Assembly District

      November District News

      Dear Friend,

      We have had a busy month since our last newsletter. Two health fairs, multiple events in the community and all eight of my bills and two I co-authored were signed by the Governor!

      I am proud of what we were able to accomplish in the Legislature this session. You will find highlights on some of my bills that were signed into law below.

      My office has hosted two successful health fairs, the first was held in East L.A. in partnership with local elected officials and our East L.A. Empowerment Congress. The second was in Highland Park and reached out to the all the northeast L.A. communities. Both fairs provided attendees with free health services, information on the Affordable Care Act, a play section for children and three lucky winners at each fair went home with a brand new bicycle!

      One person who has been a tremendous help throughout the district and all these events is our constituent of the month, Vera Padilla from Lincoln Heights. Congratulations, Vera. Assembly District 51 would not be the same without you, thank you for all you do.

      As we continue to host and attend events throughout the district, I want to make sure we are hearing from you. If you are not able to attend one of the many events, please feel free to call my office at (213) 483-5151 with questions or concerns.

      I look forward to seeing you soon and all the holiday events coming up!

      Your friend,

      Jimmy Gomez

      Assemblymember, 51st District

      In this issue:

          Two Health Fairs & the Affordable Care Act

          Legislative Update

              10 Bills passed, 10 Bills Signed

              Domestic Violence Select Committee Hearings

          In the Community

              Tree Adoption in El Sereno

              Lincoln Tigers vs. Wilson Mules, the Rivalry "Throw Back Edition"

              Alternative 20 - The Plan We Need to Revitalize the L.A. River

              Assemblymember Gomez Becomes Sheriff's Deputy for an Afternoon

              Eagle Rockers & Assemblymember Gomez Celebrate the 15th Annual Eagle Rock Music Festival

              Senior Scam Stopper Seminar

              Equality Awards

              Local Businesses & Facebook - A Workshop on Growth

              Breakfast Club with Legislative Analyst Mac Taylor

              UCLA Volunteer Day

              Presenting Secretary Hilda Solis with Leadership Award

              EOPS Lunch

          Constituent of the Month

      California Assembly Democratic Caucus

      Website: http://www.asmdc.org/Gomez