Re: [ASCOM] Scope Link not working

  • wforacer.rm
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 30, 2005
      Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work.

      Any other suggestions?

      Thanks Guys.
      Ozzy

      P.S. What scope you have and ver of SNP?

      --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, Ozzy <wforacer@r...> wrote:
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ill give it a try and let you know.
      >

      > --- JERRY MORTON <jermort@m...> wrote:
      > > In SNP, go to Telescope/Setup/Ascom Telescope chooser. Select
      Mead
      > > LX200 and
      > > Autostar, select properties.
      > > Deselect Auto Set time.
      > >
      > > works for me
      > >

      > > Jerry A.
      > > GNAL
      > > jermort@m...
      > >

      > > >From: "wforacer.rm" <wforacer@r...>
      > > >To: ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com
      > > >Subject: [ASCOM] Scope Link not working
      > > >Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 06:27:15 -0000
      > > >

      > > > To: ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com
      > > From: "wforacer.rm" <wforacer@r...>
      > > Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 06:27:15 -0000
      > > Subject: [ASCOM] Scope Link not working
      > >

      > ---------------------------------
      >
      > Hi, I have a Meade DS-2130AT and a 497 autostar (ver 33e) and can
      not
      > get Starry night v4.5.2 to controll the scope. It says "The scope
      > appears to be an unreconized Meade scope type, check Ascom-
      > standars.org". I have the 4.1 ascom drivers loaded (also triied
      > v2.2), tried all three meade scopes in the config. Another clue
      > maybe,
      > after the failed attemp, the "MeadeEx Driver.exe" file is triing
      > use all my cpu power (task manager shows 90% for that file, I have
      > end that process with task manager, I have
      > xp3200 cpu and 9700pro AIW, 1gb ram). I have tripple checked com
      > ports
      > and the cable wirering.
      > I have controlled a Celestron 80GTL with my setup and the proper
      > cable
      > with out issues. I uninstalled starry and ascom and reloaded, same
      > error.
      >
      > Any help guys?

      > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email FROM THE ACCOUNT YOU
      USED
      > TO SUBSCRIBE(!) to:
    • jetmang
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 3 8:27 PM
        I have a Celestron 80 GT and Starry Night Backyard 3.01 and wonder if
        any knows if you can control the telescope using SNB with the proper
        232 cable. I have read in some of your messages that some of you have
        done this, but I am not quite sure of which version of Starry night you
        used.

        Dick
      • Chris Rowland
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 4 1:23 AM
          jetmang wrote:
          > I have a Celestron 80 GT and Starry Night Backyard 3.01 and wonder if
          > any knows if you can control the telescope using SNB with the proper
          > 232 cable. I have read in some of your messages that some of you have
          > done this, but I am not quite sure of which version of Starry night you
          > used.

          I've never managed to get to grips with which versions of Starry Night
          work with ASCOM.

          I suggest that you try it with ASCOM and the telescope simulator. If it
          works with that then it should work with the Celestron driver and your 80GT.

          The thing that catches me with the GT scopes is that you have to switch
          the scope to RS232 mode using the HC before it will work.

          Chris
        • Peter Enzerink
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 6 3:35 AM
            Chris Rowland wrote:
            > jetmang wrote:
            > > I have a Celestron 80 GT and Starry Night Backyard 3.01 and wonder if
            > > any knows if you can control the telescope using SNB with the proper
            > > 232 cable. I have read in some of your messages that some of you have
            > > done this, but I am not quite sure of which version of Starry night you
            > > used.
            >
            > I've never managed to get to grips with which versions of Starry Night
            > work with ASCOM.

            As far as I'm aware you need the Pro version as Backyard does not come
            with the telescope plugin to interface with ASCOM.

            Cheers
          • Martin Y
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 6 10:03 AM
              --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "jetmang" <jetmang@j...> wrote:

              > I have a Celestron 80 GT and Starry Night Backyard 3.01 and wonder if
              > any knows if you can control the telescope using SNB with the proper
              > 232 cable. I have read in some of your messages that some of you
              have
              > done this, but I am not quite sure of which version of Starry night
              you
              > used.
              >
              > Dick

              You can always try. just put the ascom plugin in the plug-in folder
              and see if it works. It's just a 84K file. Thats my take on it

              Martin
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 13 6:11 AM
                Chris Rowland:
                > I've never managed to get to grips with which versions of Starry Night
                > work with ASCOM.

                The official stance is that you need Pro for telescope control. Some old
                versions of Backyard or Enthusiast or ??? would activate telescope control
                if you put the ASCOM plugin in the right place. But you won't get support
                for that. Imaginova are now doing the ASCOM plugin development, not me :-))))