RE: [ASCOM] Re: ASCOM Camera standard

  • Jonathan Fay
    Message 1 of 17 , Jan 31, 2005
      Well. I have been standing in the background on this for a while now. I am a
      bit overcommitted as well, but since I have written support for at least 8
      cameras in the last few months I guess, and have written CCDSoft and
      Maxim/DL drivers I could volunteer to port my Meade DSI driver and LPI
      driver over to the proposed standard and write a thunking layer for both
      CCDSoft and Maxim/DL to use drivers for it.

      I need to get my latest round of drivers to beta first but I might have some
      time to give it a whack. I promised Meade a copy of the DSI driver code so
      they could redistribute it, why not make that a ASCOM driver?

      I certainly would not mind having help on some of it.

      Jonathan Fay
      www.bearcreekobservatory.com