Re: [ASCOM] Astro32.dll location in Platform 4.0

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 10, 2004
      Yes. If App.Path precedes the DLL name, a copy will need to be in the same
      folder as the driver.

      This change will not happen in the upcoming Platform as the fuse is too short.

      Bob Denny
      rdenny@...

      DC-3 Dreams, SP
      Makers of ACP and PinPoint
      http://dc3.com/
    • peter_enzerink
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 11, 2004
        --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, Bob Denny <rdenny@d...> wrote:
        > Yes. If App.Path precedes the DLL name, a copy will need to be in
        the same
        > folder as the driver.
        >
        > This change will not happen in the upcoming Platform as the fuse is
        too short.

        Well it sounds like we need a name change anyway so how about renaming
        it and having Platform 4 put a copy at the top of the ASCOM tree so we
        can start cutting over to it at our leisure without breaking older stuff.

        Since all the drivers go in a subdirectory at the top of the ASCOM
        tree this should be okay:

        g_Util.LoadDLL App.Path & "\..\ascom.dll"