Re: [ASCOM] Target Dec error with LX200 scope

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
      > I found that in my code I am comparing several spots to the LXP driver,
      > not even considering the Meade.Telescope driver.

      But the driver calls are the same in ALL drivers (that's the whole point).
      So I'm confused by the above. I probably missed something obvious in the
      conversation, but if you're tuning your code to a specific driver, it's
      probably a mistake. Did you use the Chooser?

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
        Steve --

        You might have some luck with the serial I/O tracing capability of ASCOM.
        have your customer double-click

        C:\Program Files\Common Files\ASCOM\TraceOn.reg

        and answer yes to the Are You Sure popup. Then have them run a repro
        scenario that produces the error. Then have them double click

        C:\Program Files\Common Files\ASCOM\TraceOn.reg

        and answer yes to the Are You Sure popup. Finally, have them send you the
        resulting C:\SerialTrace.txt logfile. You may find interesting info and
        clues there.

        -- Bob
      • Chris Peterson
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 1, 2004
          At issue is a specific error that is being raised- one that is defined in
          the LXP driver and not the LX driver. It seems like the LXP driver, when
          used with an actual LX200, is raising this error and a few people have been
          looking at the source code to figure out why.

          Chris L Peterson
          Cloudbait Observatory
          http://www.cloudbait.com