[ASCOM] Re: AtPark

  • kja9983
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2004
      Tim,

      It was only two cents not the whole nickel.

      Aloha,

      Ken
      --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Long" <Tim@l...> wrote:
      > Ken, there is also an AtHome property, not to be confused with
      AtPark.

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2004
        Hi Ken,

        > TI domes have a home position. That is where the contacts for power
        > to the shutter line up and allow the shutter to open and close.

        Just checking my logic then...

        If we happen to send the dome via SlewToAzimuth() to the azimuth
        where the home position is, we would not set AtHome. We would
        only set AtHome if FindHome was used and it succeeded.

        If I were writing the TI dome driver though, I would allow
        open/close if azimuth were right even if AtHome were not set.

        Jon
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2004
          Can someone suggest the wording?

          -- Bob

          BREWSTER,JON A (HP-Corvallis,ex1):
          >>I think that all that needs be changed is some wording in the
          >>V2 spec to make this more clear.
          >

          > A good idea. Thanks for your thoughts.
          >
          > Jon
        • Chris Rowland
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2004
            Bob,

            I would put the following wording into the description of the AtPark
            property:
            True if the scope has been put into the parked state by using the Park
            method. Set false by calling UnPark.

            And in the Remarks:
            AtPark is True when the scope is in the parked state, this is achieved by
            using the Park method. When AtPark is True telescope movement is stopped
            and all calls that cause any telescope movement, such as slews and setting
            tracking, must not do any movement and should raise an error. The telescope
            is taken out of the AtPark state by calling UnPark. If the scope cannot be
            parked then AtPark will always return False.

            See Also should probably also refer to CanPark, CanUnPark, SetPark

            There is a case for having a general section on telescope states that covers
            AtPark, Tracking and Slewing. All properties and methods that cause any
            change in state should refer to this.