Network Problems

  • rdenny@dc3.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      This has to be the all-time bizarre network problem I
      have seen! DNS queries /originating/ here are never
      answered, no matter what name server is used. Thus, I
      have no way of resolving names, and my mail server has
      no way to send mail. Apparently it's too stupid to use
      a smart host by IP address. I have been planning to
      change mail servers, but the pace of work has
      prevented me from such maintenanced tasks. The thing
      that makes this so crazy is that incoming DNS --
      requests from throughout the internet to resolve the
      domains here -- works just fine.

      Thus, the web sites here are running fine, and I can
      /receive/ email. I am posting this through the browser
      interface to Yahoo! Groups.

      Please bear with me while I try to sort this out.
      urently, the only time I can work with my provider is
      from 1 thru 4 AM, and we struck out Tuesday night, and
      after 36 hours being up, I slept last night!

      I'll let you know when things are back.