Thesky's Motion Control

  • Chuck Faranda
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
      Anybody have luck using Thesky's motion controls (in the 'Move' mode) with
      any ASCOM driver? What is Thesky calling in this mode?

      Chuck Faranda
      http://ccdastro.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
        Chuck Faranda:
        > Anybody have luck using Thesky's motion controls (in the 'Move' mode) with
        > any ASCOM driver? What is Thesky calling in this mode?

        Not with V1 drivers. As originally designed, the interface didn't include
        "live" motion control. But thanks to Chris Rowland, we have
        MoveMechanical() in V2, and it can support live motion controls. But... the
        TeleAPI of TheSky has no provision for implementing the motion controls in
        TheSky (at least as far as I know!). So even though Telescope V2 has
        MoveMechanical(), there's no way to pass that through TeleAPI and into an
        ASCOM driver, again as far as I know.

        -- Bob
      • Chuck Faranda
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
          > > Anybody have luck using Thesky's motion controls (in the 'Move' mode)
          with
          > > any ASCOM driver? What is Thesky calling in this mode?
          >
          > Not with V1 drivers. As originally designed, the interface didn't include
          > "live" motion control. But thanks to Chris Rowland, we have
          > MoveMechanical() in V2, and it can support live motion controls. But...
          the
          > TeleAPI of TheSky has no provision for implementing the motion controls in
          > TheSky (at least as far as I know!). So even though Telescope V2 has
          > MoveMechanical(), there's no way to pass that through TeleAPI and into an
          > ASCOM driver, again as far as I know.

          > To unsubscribe from this group, send an email FROM THE ACCOUNT YOU USED TO
          SUBSCRIBE(!) to:

        • Chuck Faranda
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2003
            Ok, great. I don't think some of Thesky's native drivers fully implement
            this yet either. At least you saved me from picking my brain looking for
            related errors in my code, more time now for fixing other problems <G>.
            Thanks.

            Chuck