RE: [ASCOM] The Sky6 and Maxpoint

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 17 7:28 PM
      Now I'm confused, I can't work out which driver/protocol you are using.

      If you're using our AWR ASCOM driver, then you need to set your handset
      to "AWR" protocol mode, it will not work at all with the LX-200
      emulation and the driver will tell you to change your settings when you
      try to connect. If you are having problems setting up our driver then
      please open a case on our helpdesk system by emailing support (at)
      tigranetworks.co.uk and we will help you that way.

      Otherwise, if you are trying to use the LX-200 protocol emulation, then
      you should probably talk to Alan at AWR Systems about that. He's very
      helpful.

      Best regards,
      Tim Long

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 18 10:08 AM
        Yes, remember when "Hayes Compatible" was supposed to be a feature of a modem? Same exact deal. That's why we have been promoting the layered driver-client architecture for 13 years (and the rest of the computer industry has been using it for 30+ years!).

          -- Bob