Re: Upgrading to Platform 6 sp1

  • mark
    Message 1 of 49 , Jan 8, 2013
      Hi group, latest update – sorry for the wordiness.
      I used the DevManView utility that Howard recommended. It confirmed that the Serial/USB device was the correct com port (COM5). And I saw no duplication of this port.

      I stand corrected on service patches. Mine is indeed sp3.

      The "Simulator" works. I can drive the dome around by executing the scope controls in Simulator. So the computer and software are communicating with the dome. However, this was not the issue.

      The only "planetarium" software on my OBS computer is Cartes du Ciel. It's used solely for information and not to drive the scope. Looks like it may take a bit to setup. So this was a non-starter.

      Chris and Pierre have challenged my Lesvedome setup menu selections. I apologize in advance for not following their suggestions. It's unclear to me what is being recommended. I have changed the scope setup from POTH/Meade to Meade, and the dome setup from POTH/Lesvedome to Lesvedome. And this has not solved the problem.

      Lastly, I've included screen shots of the dome control at startup.
      This first image is when I hit the connect button on the Ascom Dome Control Panel (right window). The Windows Task Manager was there for other reasons, but interestingly, it shows everything running, including the Meade driver.
      http://www.astrobin.com/full/29378/?mod=none

      After 60-120seconds, the Task Manager shows the Meade driver "not responding". And after another 20 seconds the Meade driver flips back to "running". And then the system connects, but not in a functional way. This screen shot shows the connection. However, the Position Update counter (a 10 second counter) at the bottom of the Dome Control Panel moves at about 1/20 its normal rate (i.e. each second count takes about 20 real seconds). And all is hung-up in between. Funky as it is, the dome does move to keep up with the scope.
      http://www.astrobin.com/full/29379/?mod=none

      This last image is when I bypassed POTH and went directly to Meade (see the Scope line in the Dome Control Panel). In this setup, the Position Update counter takes about 10 seconds per second rather than the 20 seconds when using POTH.
      http://www.astrobin.com/full/29381/?mod=none

      So after about 2 minutes (or there about) there is a connection, but something keeps interrupting the operation to the point where it is non functional.

      Appreciate any suggestions.

      Mark

      Message 49 of 49 , Jan 25, 2013
        Thank you Mark, much appreciated.