Re: [ASCOM] Re: how to build my mount driver compatible with ascom

  • John R Pierce
    Message 1 of 48 , Jul 11, 2012
      On 07/11/12 8:57 PM, Adam wrote:
      > I have noticed that on platforms/applications that do not support
      > ASCOM the Meade LX200 is usually supported. If one were to implement the
      > LX200 serial port protocol getting your hardware to work on those
      > platforms/applications is a bit easier. ...

      yeah, great but which set of the bajillion lx200 commands need to be
      implemented and what are the quirks that have to be emulated properly
      for various apps to function?

      --
      john r pierce N 37, W 122
      santa cruz ca mid-left coast
      Message 48 of 48 , Jul 18, 2012
        Very few (if any?) apps try to *set* a guide rate.

        (the Meade Autostars don't let you change the guide rate remotely)
        Instead, they do a "calibration" step, whereby they move a little bit around a target star, and use the measured effect (as seen by their camera) to determine the existing guide rate.
        The user may have some input into the process by setting "gain" and/or "aggressiveness" and some hysteresis parameters.

        Some Meade Autostars do allow handbox-setting of guide rates.

        have fun at GSSP
        --dick