Re: New MicroTouch Drivers

  • azgilrock
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2012
      I don't read the forums very often that's why I supplied my email address in the first post below and you can always contact Starizona and they will contact me if they can't solve the issue.

      There is one issue with the 4.2 version of the handcontroller firmware I was just made aware of a week ago. It's not saving the current focuser position after power-off. The fix is easy but I'm having problems making it so the flash memory map is compatible with older versions of the software if someone decides to load old firmware.

      Thanks,
      Gil

      --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "phcjpp" <chris@...> wrote:

> [...]
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Gil
      > >
      > > --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "azgilrock" <azgilrock@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Here's the initial release of the new MicroTouch Focuser driver that provides support to operate up to 4 focusers from a single PC. I've also supplied a GUI client that you can use to operate the focuser or to set some of the custom settings. The signed USB driver did not change. Also you can still use you're old software and driver to operate the focuser on the same system with this new driver. Just don't try to run the old and new drivers at the same time.
      > > >
      > > > http://www.threebuttes.com/MicroTouch/Software/MicroTouchDriverSetup_1_1.exe
      > > >
      > > > http://www.threebuttes.com/MicroTouch/Software/MicroTouchControllerSetup_1_1.exe
      > > >
      > > > Starizona has been giving out version 3.7 of the handcontroller firmware but my latest firmware version is 4.2. Version 4.2 is needed to be able to use all the features in the GUI. The latest firmware for the motor unit if you run wireless is version 2.5. Both firmware files will be installed by the MicroTouch Controller setup file into a subdirectory called Firmware where the program resides such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Starizona\MicroTouchController\Firmware. The capability to upload the new firmware is in the GUI under the Tools menu or you can run the standalone MicroTouch Flash Loader application that I included in the install package. To make sure the unit enters boot mode either hold down the In/Out red buttons together when you hit the program button or hold down the button when you powerup the unit. After programming begins you can release the buttons. For a motor unit the best way is to power it off...hit the program button and immediately turn on the power switch.
      > > >
      > > > Either me or Starizona will be working on creating a nice help file to describe all the features in the software.
      > > >
      > > > If you have any problems either email Starizona or me (gil <at> threebuttes <dot> com. Starizona's contact info in on the about screen.

    • azgilrock
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2012
        That firmware file is installed into the directory I listed in the post you responded to when you install that new software. But if everything is working fine with you're focuser then don't update anything. It's probably best for you to call Starizona to make sure what you want to load is compatible since there are multiple hardware versions out there and there are handcontroller and motor controller version compatibility issues to consider.

        Thanks,
        Gil