Re: Issues with v 1.02 of the X2 ASCOM Telescope driver

  • tomstep09
    Message 1 of 8 , May 7, 2012
      Issue appears resolved today by doing the following:

      1. Renamed the TheSkyX file "ImagingSystem.ini" to "ImagingSystem back.ini"
      2. Opened TheSkyX as administrator
      3. Under the Telescope Setup menu, Choose "Ascom -> Telescope Driver"
      4. Under the Telescope Setup menu, Chose "Setup", Selected "AP Ascom Driver, V2", Ignored the message providing the opportunity to look at the manual.
      5. Selected "Properties" in the Ascom Chooser menu.
      6. Verified all information including the COM selection and closed the AP Ascom Driver V2 setup menu.
      7. Connected to the telescope. This time the driver came up and was communicating to the mount.
      8. Opened Maxim DL and connected to the telescope (Maxim DL has worked throughout this fiasco).

      So it is working, for the moment, and appears to be a TheSkyX issue since the resolution related to changes to that program only.

      Tom

      Message 2 of 8 , May 8, 2012
        Thanks for reporting your solution!! It's most appreciated. I don't think it should be necessary to run TheSky X as administrator (elevated) though.

        -- Bob