Re: [ASCOM] ASCOM Profile Explorer question

  • Chris Rowland
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23 2:10 PM
      On 23/04/2012 18:40, leonard_middlebrooks wrote:
      > In attempting to connect my EQG, I looked in Profile Explorer for possible clues. Should there be data under Telescope Drivers/EQMOD.Telescope similar to that found under Telescope Drivers/ASCOM.Simulator.Telescope?

      No. The data will vary depending on the driver. The only vital bit is
      the default data, this has the name that's shown in the chooser.

      Chris
    • leonard_middlebrooks
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 24 7:43 AM
        Chris, Thanks. To verify when looking at EQMOD.Telescope I see under Value: (Default), and under Settings: EQMOD ASCOM EQ5/6. There is no other information.

        Leonard

        > No. The data will vary depending on the driver. The only vital bit is
        > the default data, this has the name that's shown in the chooser.
        >
        > Chris

      • Chris
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 24 9:29 AM
          Yes, that seems OK, by settings you mean the column headed Data I suppose?
          Typically a driver would save additional data in the profile but this will not be done until it's been configured. There's also no requirement that the driver data is saved in the profile and maybe the EQMOD people are saving it elsewhere. It could be better to ask on their support group.

          Chris