Re: Correct exception for excluding a value of binning

  • Peter Simpson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 9 10:09 AM
      Hi Michele,

      That would be an ASCOM.InvalidValueException as documented in the Developer help file. However, Conform currently assumes that all bin values between 1 and MaxBin are valid, which is clearly not true in your case. Consequently,  I don't think you will be able to get a clean run with the current Conform version.

      I'll have a look at the Conform code and  extend it to report InvalidValueExceptions as Info level messages  if they are received when setting Bin within 1 and MaxBin.

      Regards, Peter

      --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "michele" <p-michele@...> wrote:

      > Hello everyone,
      >
      > I'm writing a driver for my self-built CCD with vb 2010 and based on ICameraV2, I want to know what is the correct exception to esclude binnig 3 from 1-4 values without errors from the confor.
      >
      > thanks
      >
      > Michele

    • Peter Simpson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9 3:05 PM
        Hi Michele,

        I've uploaded a new version of Conform that fixes your  issue  here:

        http://download.ascom-standards.org/devtools/Conform(6.0.0.45)setup.exe

        we will update the web site shortly to support the new version.

        Regards, Peter

        --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "michele" <p-michele@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone,
        >
        > I'm writing a driver for my self-built CCD with vb 2010 and based on ICameraV2, I want to know what is the correct exception to esclude binnig 3 from 1-4 values without errors from the confor.
        >
        > thanks
        >
        > Michele

      • michele
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 9 11:38 PM
          Hi peter,

          I tried the new version of the conform that works perfectly.

          Many thanks for your help and your disponibility.

          Michele