Re: ASCOM SBIG Driver for FocusMax to Control CCDSoft

  • Hartmut
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 1 6:41 AM
      Hi,

      IIRC, FocusMax uses CCDSoft camera control to acquire the images. There is no ASCOM camera driver in the game.

      Hartmut

      --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, "wmtconner@..." <wmtconner@...> wrote:

      > I'm seting up a new starlight focuser that uses MicroTouch hardware and FocusMax software. I've been able to connect FocusMax to the focuser but cannot run the FocusMax characterization routine with CCDSoft.
      >
      > The log reads as follows:
      >
      > 09:18:49 FocusMax Version 3.4.40
      > 09:18:49 System is MySystem
      > 09:18:50 MicroTouch Focuser is connected
      > 09:18:50 MicroTouch Focuser is an Absolute Focuser
      > 09:18:53 CCDSoft.App Error -2147219477: SBIG driver: Device not found.
      >
      > Error code = 1027 (0x403).
      >
      > The routine then fails.
      >
      > I have not been able to find this driver on the ASCOM site. I do note that there are drivers for CCDSoft to run ASCOM focusers via @Focus but I want to use FocusMax to drive CCDSoft since it is the better routine.
      >
      > I know of FocusMax version 3.6.12 but it does not function properly on my Windows 7 laptop. I've also tried upgrading from ASCOM5 to 6 to no avail. I'm running the latest version of CCDSoft
      >
      > Can anyone supply me with this driver??
      >
      > Thanks for your help.

    • THouse
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 1 8:17 AM
        FM only controls the focuser not the camera.  FM calls whatever control program you have (FM only works with MaxIm or CCDSoft).  In FM you need to set which control program your using if you have not already done this.

        In your case, at the bottom of the panel, System - Imaging software (middle right) and tick CCDSoft.

        To control the focuser you need the ASCOM driver that is available for your MicroTouch focuser.

        Tom

        On 3/31/2012 9:20 PM, wtconner wrote:

        Tom, I've updated all SBIG drivers through February 2012 but no Joy.
        I'm confused as to whether FocusMax uses SBIG drivers to run the camera or whether I have to set up a separate ASCOM driver.

        I'd sure like to hear from someone currently using FocusMax with CCDSoft!

        --- In ASCOM-Talk@yahoogroups.com, THouse <look-up1@...> wrote:

        > Your version of FM is quite old. Latest version is 3.6.0.77
        > What driver are you looking for?
        >
        > Tom
        >
        > On 3/30/2012 9:04 AM, wmtconner@... wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm seting up a new starlight focuser that uses MicroTouch hardware
        > > and FocusMax software. I've been able to connect FocusMax to the
        > > focuser but cannot run the FocusMax characterization routine with CCDSoft.
        > >
        > > The log reads as follows:
        > >
        > > 09:18:49 FocusMax Version 3.4.40
        > > 09:18:49 System is MySystem
        > > 09:18:50 MicroTouch Focuser is connected
        > > 09:18:50 MicroTouch Focuser is an Absolute Focuser
        > > 09:18:53 CCDSoft.App Error -2147219477: SBIG driver: Device not found.
        > >
        > > Error code = 1027 (0x403).
        > >
        > > The routine then fails.
        > >
        > > I have not been able to find this driver on the ASCOM site. I do note
        > > that there are drivers for CCDSoft to run ASCOM focusers via @Focus
        > > but I want to use FocusMax to drive CCDSoft since it is the better
        > > routine.
        > >
        > > I know of FocusMax version 3.6.12 but it does not function properly on
        > > my Windows 7 laptop. I've also tried upgrading from ASCOM5 to 6 to no
        > > avail. I'm running the latest version of CCDSoft
        > >
        > > Can anyone supply me with this driver??
        > >
        > > Thanks for your help.

      • wtconner
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 3 8:49 PM
          Thanks for the input Tom. I think I have an idea as to the problem. I'm using 64 bit SBIG drivers and I think FocusMax is looking for the 32 bit drivers. I'll have to figure out how to refine the path. Yes I have selected CCDSoft in the FM program. I don't have any problem with FM running the focuser in stand alone so my ASCOM drivers must be OK.