Re: Error Message when trying to re-install ASCOM Driver for LX200GPS Version 5

  • autostaretx
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2012
      You really DO have to tell us what the error messages SAID.
      (there are many twisty messages, nearly all alike... so the text of the message is critical in determining the cause).

      As for "locked", that usually means you still have an instance of the connected driver (or some other program) that has grabbed control of the COM port... so other instances cannot reach it.
      Open Windows' Task MAnager and take a look.

      What brand of USB adapter? (see recent thread)
      What flavor of Windows?
      Can you communicate with Meade's AutostarSuite?
      http://www.meade.com/support/AutostarSuiteWebEdition55.exe
      (doing so validates the entire hardware chain)
      Also the methods listed here:
      http://www.weasner.com/etx/autostar/as_testing.html

      good luck
      --dick