Sudden failure to connect to Meade LX200 GPS

  • theerker
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2012
      For many months I have been happily using a Meade LX200 GPS ACF with PHD guiding via ASCOM, but suddenly last night I had problems which manifested themselves in the inability for PHD to connect to the scope.

      The consistent error message is "ASCOM driver problem during connection" and an error message as below results from the ASCOM diagnostics.

      I have been using a Windows 7 laptop which is dedicated to the task, a serial to USB connector which I have used for many months, and I've tried changing the cabling, re-installing ASCOM and the LX200 GPS driver several times but with no success. I have also tried a different laptop, running both Windows 7 and a virtual instance of XP, but the same error results with each OS. I have also rolled back my system to a date a few weeks earlier to eliminate any windows update issues, but again no success.

      It's as if something has suddenly changed which prevents ASCOM from working with the scope, but I can't think what.

      Any ideas? Thanks.

      Graham

      ASCOM Diagnostics error message:

      Connect Failed...Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E09E5EA3-18C9-4AAD-96C9-F474E4C374B3} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 800a01a9.

      System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800A01A9): Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E09E5EA3-18C9-4AAD-96C9-F474E4C374B3} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 800a01a9.
      at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
      at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache)
      at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache)
      at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
      at ASCOM.Utilities.ConnectForm.btnConnect_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.Utilities\ASCOM Diagnostics\ConnectForm.vb:line 119