FocusStar focuser will not connecct

  • Tom Haugh
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2012
    Hi,

    I'm having to migrate to a 64-bit Windows 7 machine. Everything went well
    until attempting to load the FocusStar drivers for my Cercis controller.
    The install had an error pop-up stating the FocusStar.FocusStarMain was not
    registered. Both the main and aux focuser drivers show up in the chooser
    but attempting to connect immediately brings the chooser up again.

    Cercis says it cannot provide 64-bit drivers. The workaround is to run
    FocusStar in a 32-bit virtual machine, but would that not demand the entire
    ASCOM environment run there?

    My normal configuration is FocusMax connected to FocusStar.FocusStarMain and
    MaximDL connected to FocusStar.FocusStarAux. Absent an obvious fix, I'm
    looking for a 64-bit two focuser system.

    Thanks,
    Tom