RE: [ASCOM] Re: Meade drivers for P6

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 1, 2011
      I've got an LX-200 'classic', ping me if you need any testing done on
      that. Does the 'small nudge' problem affect the classic? I've noticed a
      few oddities but always put it down to 'gremlins'.

      Regards,
      Tim Long

      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 1, 2011
        BTW, for the sake of visibility, it may be worth documenting any bugs,
        features or improvements using the Jira issue tracker. That way all the
        involved parties can keep abreast of what's happening without flooding
        this group.
        http://teamserver.tigranetworks.co.uk/

        Regards,
        Tim Long

> [...]

        > I believe this needs to be fixed, but its not my call.

        I recently found and fixed this in the GPS driver. The set UTC offset
        command was timing out. When I bumped the timeout up, this fixed it.
        However, there may be other timeout sensitivities in new firmware.
        Another user and I are working this.

        > As part of these threads we then found that very small nudges were
        > causing grief also. This comes down to the fact that ALL nudges were
        > being achieved using full "Goto" functions.
        > The way Meade does gotos doesnt allow for "accurate" small moves.
        > I have my ideas on what should be done here, but again, its not my
        call.

        Lay em on me privately, and we can kick it around.

        Take care.

        Jon

        ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
        http://www.exchangedefender.com/verify.asp?id=p51AR8la018553&from=tim@...
        Complete email hygiene and business continuity solution available from http://www.tigranetworks.co.uk
      • Brewster, Jon
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 2, 2011
          I still use my classic as well. I've been really picky about it and never seen this. All issues seem to be Autostar related, at least so far.

          Jon

          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 2, 2011
            Will do.

            Jon