StarShoot Pro ASCOM Driver in Windows 7

  • mikestewart2
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2010
      Hello everyone,

      I am having problems installing the StarShoot Pro ASCOM driver under Windows 7 64 bit. I am using ASCOM platform 5.0b with the 5.5.1 update. The StarShoot Pro just does not show up as an option in my hardware selection.

      When I switched to Windows Vista a while back, there was a procedure to manually register a device in ASCOM, but that procedure does not seem to work for me any more.

      I believe there was another person asking about this a few months ago, but I did not see a resolve of that issue.

      Can anyone help me with this issue? I can help in any way, screen shots, logs, etc.

      Thanks,
      -Mike
    • Gary Bennett
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2010

        Are there 64 bit drivers for the Camera?

        I had a similar problem with my ASCOM Focuser. The ONLY solution that worked was to uninstall the 5.5.1 ASCOM Update.

          Gary Bennett