ascom 5.5 unable to use focuser

  • rinkerg
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010
      My name is George and I'm having a problem controlling my focuser with Focus Max or Maximdl.I use Bartels May 2006 stepper version program that uses LX200 protocol commands to control the scope. Focusmax,MaximDl,ECU planetarium program are all run on a laptop running Windows XP and connected to Bartels scope.exe computer via a serial cable and the POTH hub. I had to update to Ascom 5.5 recently and since have been unable to control the focuser witch is a crayford with a bipolar stepper motor attached and controlled through Bartels scope.exe.I have downloaded the the Generic LX200 Driver and the Classic LX200 Autostar driver.The Generic driver choice connects and I'm able to control the scope but have no focuser control. If I choose the Meade Classic lx200/Autostar option I get the following message(the scope appears to be an unrecognized Meade scope type)and won't connect.With an earlier version of Ascom I was able to connect and control the scope and focuser with a driver called Meade telescope and focuser that isn't available now.It appears to me the Generic LX200 driver has no focus control included. I no longer have the earlier version of Ascom so going back isn't an option. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything but nothing changed.Sorry for the long post any help greatly appreciated.