Re: [ASCOM] TeleAPI

  • Bec à Fuel
    Message 1 of 51 , Nov 1, 2009
      Driver can have some internal variables (saved in the profile store, for example) that memorize the state of the mount when the park command is issued.

      Also, I don't see why "tracking on" should be mandatory when unparking ? Most of the time, I think, the mount won't stay in this position a long time after connecting. A "goto" will be issued to point to an object. At this time, maybe the user will start tracking, not before.
      "Unparked" can be kind of "wait-state" and hence do not need the mount to track.

      The park position also may be such a way that it would not be advisable to track, if under a dome or something similar for example.

      ________
      Christophe

      Message 51 of 51 , Nov 2, 2009
        From my experience of writing FocusAPI and DomeAPI adapters, I found
        that the Bisque applications were not very well behaved and I had to do
        some second-guessing. ISTR I had to cope with situations like a focuser
        move being commanded when they hadn't yet connected to the serial port.

        --Tim

        On

        --
        ExchangeDefender Message Security: Click below to verify authenticity
        http://www.exchangedefender.com/verify.asp?id=nA30NJb4004381&from=tim@...