6" Newtonian Reflector Telescope

  • fore_runner_1
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2003
      To anyone who may be able to help,

      I am a middle school science teacher who has this type of telescope
      (6" Newtonian Reflector Telescope)with these specifications:

      Large 150mm (6") concave objective mirror
      Objective Mirror: Concave mirror, hard-coated
      Lens Clear Aperture: 150mm (6")
      Resolving Power: 0.93"
      Faintest Discernable Object: 12M
      ET-8 Equatorial Mount
      Focusing: Smooth Rack and Pinion focusing
      Flexible Cable Controls
      Balance weight
      Focal Length : 1400mm (55")
      PL 25mm Eyepiece
      PL6.5mm Eyepiece
      Moon Filter + Sun Filter
      Heavy-duty Lightweight & adjustable Height Aluminum Tripod
      Accessory Tray
      Manual Included

      I am looking for recommendations if possible to purchase a seperate
      motor unit that will interface with software. I have not purchased
      any software and would like recommendations for that also. I have
      looked at Deepsky 2003.

      Please help!

      Gordon
    • Christopher Erickson
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2003
        That would be a good question to ask over in the
        ScopeMounts group or the RoboScope group.

        I am a moderator in both groups and I am not specifically
        familiar with your mount the way you describe it, so
        uploading a digital picture of your mount would help a lot
        too.

        -Christopher Erickson
        Network Design Engineer
        We Byte
        5432 E. Northern Lights Blvd., Suite 529
        Anchorage, AK 99508
        N61? 11.710' W149? 46.723'
        www.data-plumber.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/