Sidereal time standard

  • edwardkort <edkort@attbi.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2002
      I'm writing a java program which uses the ASCOM scope drivers. In
      that program, I query the scope for its sidereal time. For the two
      drivers I have tested, the returned values are on different scales:
      1. The telescope simulator returns the time in hours, range [0, 24).
      2. The Meade drivers return the time in days, range [0, 1).

      Is this the expected behavior? If so, it's going to be tough to write
      generic software that queries/sets the sidereal time.

      Your help is appreciated.

      Edward Kort