RE: [ASCOM] EQ4 Motorise - usb

  • Peter Richens
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 1, 2008
      Thanks Chris........

      Hope you had a good new year.

      The EQ3 scope I have uses jut the type of set-up that I am looking for, not much in the way of parts and from what I can see is using a PIC chip,
      But as I am not a programmer and while I understand the basics have never really been able to write my own software, but I do know a few people that do.

      What I can't understand is why there is not a project version similar to the Parallel version you mentioned below, I know of both versions and neither are really what I am looking for.

      If there is not anything available I may just have to lean on my friend to make one, or simply buy the complete Synscan upgrade kit, except it has the hand controller that I am not really wanting to use.

      Regards
      Peter
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2008
        Just tap onto the existing controller switches ( push buttons)
        with a already built serial to relay board..
        You won't get slew speeds any faster than you already have
        out of the existing steppers and gears. There is a servo upgrade
        that is as costly as a mount replacement.

        serial to relays:
        http://www.controlanything.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?

        Don Lewis
        Wye Mountain Observatory