Re: [ASCOM] ANN ASCOM Platform 2.1 RC

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
      Chuck --

      Whoo-ee!! Good catch! And were you just testing various drivers? If so, it
      is MUCH appreciated!!!!

      I figured out the problem and will let Philipp Keller know about it. The
      change is in the implementation of Telescope.SetupDialog:

      Set frmSetup.m_Profile = TelescopeProfile
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

      It will be fixed in the final Platform 2.1.

      -- Bob
    • C. Faranda
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
        Bob,

        Yeah, I was just running through the various drivers trying to learn the
        logic of the code. I may get ambitious and try to get my Cookbook
        Autoguider/focuser hooked in (if it's even possible?).

        Chuck

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
          Ye of little faith... You can do it!!!

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
            We'll see..... I have been able to get Maxim to see it as a focuser, and I
            can actually hit the relays. What I'm not sure is possible is can it been
            seen as a telescope? If the answer to that is yes then I presume I can
            select "telescope" from Maxim's guider setup and move the scope that way to
            guide?

            Chuck

            > > Yeah, I was just running through the various drivers trying to learn the
            > > logic of the code. I may get ambitious and try to get my Cookbook
            > > Autoguider/focuser hooked in (if it's even possible?).

          • Steven S Tuma
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 5, 2002
              Bob,

              I am playing with the scope simulator tonight and I was wondering if you
              can speed it up (or have an option to adjust the speed) when you do a
              slew. It seems to take significantly longer than when I have my scope
              connected. Also, on the scope setup, the link for more info doesn't
              work when I click the ASCOM logo.

              Thanks

              Steve

              > Yeah, I was just running through the various drivers trying to learn
              the
              > logic of the code. I may get ambitious and try to get my Cookbook
              > Autoguider/focuser hooked in (if it's even possible?).

              Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002
                Steve --

                Due to very tight time pressures (like I'm 2 days late already) for
                SPACE.COM I can't make that change (speed adjustment). However, you do have
                the VB source and shold be able to figure out where the slew simulation
                timing is located and change it.

                I'll do this next version.

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 11, 2002
                  OK I got a reprieve! They aren't going to complete testing 2.1 till
                  Tuesday. I have completed adding a slew rate slider to the simulator. It
                  ranges from 1 deg per sec to 10 deg per sec max rate. The current simulator
                  is fixed at 2 deg/sec. So the new one will be able to go 5 times as fast.

                  -- Bob

                  Steven S Tuma:> Bob,

                  > I am playing with the scope simulator tonight and I was wondering if you
                  > can speed it up (or have an option to adjust the speed) when you do a
                  > slew. It seems to take significantly longer than when I have my scope
                  > connected. Also, on the scope setup, the link for more info doesn't
                  > work when I click the ASCOM logo.

                  Bob Denny:> Steve --